Large Loss Claims North Carolina
Public Adjuster North Carolina
In Charlotte, North Carolina and the surrounding areas, there can unfortunately be a variety of losses occurring to homes and businesses. Although any type of property loss can happen, some of the most common losses to damage properties are weather damage to roofs, fallen trees and frozen pipes in the winter months.
Whether you are a residential or commercial property owner, you should have your roof inspected once per year to check for wind and hail damage. Catching this damage before it creates bigger issues (think massive interior damage and mold) can be the difference of a minor loss to a major loss. Water loves to find its way inside and what better way to do that than by holes caused by hail strikes and flapping shingles caused by high wind speeds or gusts.
Fallen trees are unfortunately another common loss in North Carolina. Did you know that there are over 100 fatalities per year due to fallen trees?? This is an astonishing number considering most of these are due to the tree falling on the house. Tree related losses are often major because of the severity of the damage to the dwelling’s structure.
Finally, plumbing leaks. North Carolinians love the mild winters but are sometimes unprepared when the temps drop below freezing. Those low temperatures often sneak up on us at night and we don’t remember to let our faucets drip until it’s too late! Frozen pipes can create extensive damage that can carry out through each level of your home.
Basic roof damage claims are typically quicker and easier to get our property owners back to normal. If you would rather be safe than sorry, we are happy to have one of our unbiased licensed adjusters inspect your roof for possible damage free of charge. Tree damage and water related issues are unfortunately much more extensive and time consuming. Depending on the severity of the damage, you can expect to possibly be displaced from your home during the repairs process.
Whether the property you own is residential, commercial or industrial, insurance companies love to either deny or underpay losses. Our North Carolina licensed public adjuster is here and ready to be your advocate during the process of your claim whether big or small. It is never too early to call us for a consultation, as the sooner we are brought on to a loss the more successful we are monetarily and time-wise. We do not get paid unless we are successful in recovering funds for your loss.
What to Expect
- You discover that you had a catastrophic loss of some kind (fire, water, mold, hail, wind, asbestos, vandalism, etc.)
- Call your insurance company immediately to file a claim or call Precision Public Adjusting FIRST and we will file the claim for you, knowing exactly how to answer the insurance company’s slew of important questions.
- If you haven’t already, call Precision Public Adjusting (PPA) for a no-obligation assessment regarding your loss. Having your policy ready to send us for examination is extremely helpful.
- PPA will come to your property to assess the damages, take photos and measurements, and collect copies of any receipts or proof of expenses you’ve incurred so far
- We will then create a full damage report including an estimate for all repairs, photos, receipts and any other pertinent information
- Any immediate needs are addressed and coordinated through PPA- housing, living expenses, water mitigation, etc.
- We will schedule an adjuster’s meeting with your insurance company. We will meet your adjuster at your property at their earliest convenience and walk them through the damages
- At this point negotiation begins and we don’t settle until you receive the full amount of funds owed by your insurance company per your policy
- Repairs are coordinated through PPA and contractors communicate directly with us regarding scheduling, billing and scope of work
- All funds go to PPA and we pay your contractors and repair companies directly
- Once all repairs are completed and you are back in your home or business, we send in a Notice of Completion with photographic evidence to the insurance company to complete the claim
Public Claims Adjuster - Fire Damage
How long does it take to settle a fire loss claim?
Depending on the severity of the fire damage and the workload of the insurance company (wide-spread natural disasters such as wildfires or hurricanes will slow down the process) it could take anywhere from 2-12 months to get you back in your home. We realize that range could be heartbreaking but rest assured that our number one goal as a Public Adjusting company is to complete claims as quickly and efficiently as possible to ensure you and your family or business is displaced for as little amount of time as possible.
Water losses are typically sudden and accidental and can be detrimental to your home or business. Urgency is of the utmost importance after these types of losses because damage can unknowingly spread quickly. Please contact a professional to assess your damages as soon as possible to make sure that even your hidden damage gets covered under your policy.