Fire and Water Claims
How many house fires occur every day in the United States?
A: There are an estimated 358,500 home fires occurring every year in the United States
If you are reading this then you may be one of the unfortunate people who endure a house fire this year. Fire losses are one of the most devastating and traumatic experiences for a family or business to endure. When your family’s livelihood and shelter have been destroyed, you may not know where to turn. As you consider how you will move forward after your loss, a call to our team of highly trained adjusters can be the difference in tens of thousands of dollars as well as the emotional toll on your family. You may be wondering what do to and what the normal process would be if you hired a PA. While each claim is different and may have a different path to completion, this is the typical flow:
- You discover that you had a catastrophic loss of some kind (fire, water, mold, hail, wind, asbestos, vandalism, etc.)
- Call your insurance company immediately to file a claim or call Precision Public Adjusting FIRST and we will file the claim for you, knowing exactly how to answer the insurance company’s slew of important questions.
- If you haven’t already, call Precision Public Adjusting (PPA) for a no-obligation assessment regarding your loss. Having your policy ready to send us for examination is extremely helpful.
- PPA will come to your property to assess the damages, take photos and measurements, and collect copies of any receipts or proof of expenses you’ve incurred so far
- We will then create a full damage report including an estimate for all repairs, photos, receipts and any other pertinent information
- Any immediate needs are addressed and coordinated through PPA- housing, living expenses, water mitigation, etc.
- We will schedule an adjuster’s meeting with your insurance company. We will meet your adjuster at your property at their earliest convenience and walk them through the damages
- At this point negotiation begins and we don’t settle until you receive the full amount of funds owed by your insurance company per your policy
- Repairs are coordinated through PPA and contractors communicate directly with us regarding scheduling, billing and scope of work
- All funds go to PPA and we pay your contractors and repair companies directly
- Once all repairs are completed and you are back in your home or business, we send in a Notice of Completion with photographic evidence to the insurance company to complete the claim
Fire Damage Claims Adjusters
How long does it take to settle a fire loss claim?
Depending on the severity of the fire damage and the workload of the insurance company (wide-spread natural disasters such as wildfires or hurricanes will slow down the process) it could take anywhere from 2-12 months to get you back in your home. We realize that range could be heartbreaking but rest assured that our number one goal as a Public Adjusting company is to complete claims as quickly and efficiently as possible to ensure you and your family or business is displaced for as little amount of time as possible.
Water losses are typically sudden and accidental and can be detrimental to your home or business. Urgency is of the utmost importance after these types of losses because damage can unknowingly spread quickly. Please contact a professional to assess your damages as soon as possible to make sure that even your hidden damage gets covered under your policy.